Clevedon Tennis Club History
The Clevedon Lawn Tennis Club has been around since 1892, making it one of New Zealandís oldest clubs.
Originally a number of clubs existed around Clevedon as poor roads and a lack of cars meant it was difficult for people to get to one particular club. Over time the small clubs amalgamated into Clevedon Tennis Club.
The club had two previous locations before settling into our current site many decades ago. Beginning with one grass court the club has evolved to the current five astroturf courts we play on now.